Friday 6 April 2012

off off and away








So, my 3 lovelies have gone on a little adventure to Australia's Capital...Canberra. This is where Grandma & Grandpa live. Which is a very useful place for getting your dose of big city Galleries and Museums.


I'm very sure they will spend most of their time at the Sculpture Garden in the Australian National Gallery.
These are some shot's from a few years ago when we went for the Folk Festival. Nana B gave fly swats as super bubble makers but they became useful for all sorts of imaginings.










I probably don't need to explain to any parents how strange and kind of amazing it is to have a few days all to yourself.

There have been times in the last 6 years of my life where there were vast .....VAST! lengths of time when I didn't believe I would ever have a second on my own again. 
When everyone said that they grow up so quickly I just didn't  believe them. 
They are right.

And all those folks that whispered (when you have weeks of everyone being sick,you have to move house,and you are pregnant suffering with Hyperemesis Gravidarum again)

"this too shall pass",

they are also telling the truth.

I love that saying, for it calms you in the chaos and draws gratitude in the beauty.

So now I'm off to crack open suitcases of treasured vintage textiles and patterns to make sweet clothes to sell at markets.

Hope you all have a lovely break.

No comments:

Post a Comment