Friday 27 July 2012

the sun within

 After saying goodbye to our steam train house we tumbled into weeks of simultaneous winter flu land.
We all came close, but thankfully didn't end up in hospital.
I spent nights experiencing all shades of fear as I lay there listening to all four of us coughing and struggling with this terrifying Flu that almost everyone we knew around here got at some point.
It gave me a deeper appreciation for Hibernation and Migration. These are two things we shall consider and surrender to next winter.

I grew up near the beaches and coves of Sydney, and for me Winter meant the Ocean turning all kinds of violets and indigo with wild waves. We still swam, just armed with a thermos of something warm and a cozy cardigan to put on after.

But I've not yet learnt the Art of the Victorian Winter....this coldness,the darkness (and that eerie beauty).

I was in the health food shop the other day when a bunch of people were complaining about how dark it had been for weeks(as you do).
A woman said "the only thing to do is find the Sun within".

I loved hearing that.

Finally, we are all well and that feels truly amazing! 
I have been spending time finding that "Sun Within" making it tangible/visible through Art,Music (oh Gosh I bought a new Cello and a lyre...but more about that later).
Around town there are tiny signs of Spring in wattle blossoms just about to burst and one or two bee's dancing hopefully around our pear tree.
I am lusting after this spring more than any other in my whole life.







Photo's - Last days in our Steam Train House
x

No comments:

Post a Comment